10 Ways to Add Curb Appeal At a Low Cost
Curb appeal is a phrase commonly used to describe a house that makes a good impression from the street or sidewalk. The general appearance of the front yard, the single largest factor shaping impressions of your home that makes it appealing. In today’s time, it refers to a house that is well maintained, true to its architectural style, with beautiful landscape and more.
A home’s curb appeal is reflection on its owners. It’s the statement it makes from the street about your personality to guests and passers-by. There are lots of simple things that you can do that will help to make your home more pleasant, eye catching and unique from your neighbors. The first things that potential buyers will notice as they pull up to your home is it’s curb appeal.
Here are 10 simple ways that you can adopt to make add curb appeal:
- Make sure that the front yard is neat and clean: Front yard is the most important part of your home and needs special attention. Make sure that your lawn is neat and clean, any leaves or unwanted plants are cleaned up. Also make sure if you have bushes or hedges in your front yard that they are neat and trimmed.
- Plant some good, colorful flowering plants: A beautiful and modern garden design enhances the beauty of any home. Adding some newly planted flowers will add a nice burst of color to your home. If you don’t have any garden beds, consider a nice potted plant at your front entrance which will beautify the place.
- Pay special attention to your driveways: Driveway is the entryways to the home. If they’re in great shape, you’ve got a strong first impression. Renew the look of an old, worn asphalt driveways Perth and fill in small cracks.
- Remove weeds: When you walk through garden of weeds it gives an impression that the owner of the house is careless therefore make sure to remove the weeds.
- Clean up the sidewalk: Frequently dirt, and algae settle on sidewalks due to their location, and that can create a really wrong impression about your home.
- Add a small patio: A simple flagstone or paver brick patio in the yard can add beauty to your home. It is a great solution for avoiding growth of unwanted grass.
- Paint your front door: Pay special attention to your front door as it is the entrance and focal point of your home. Giving your front door a fresh coat of paint can do wonders. Consider color carefully as your front door is a great place to express a little personality. Try to give the same attention to your shutters and garage door.
- Update your lighting: Lights plays a vital role especially during the nights. Having an outdated light fixture beside your front door gives the impression that the house has never been updated. Landscape lighting along your front walk can give your home an enhanced look.
- Add your house number: A Thin brass or nickel house number plate can be fixed on the door or on the garage which will serve the practical purpose for new visitors. Make sure that your house numbers are clearly visible from the street.
- Replacing a new mailbox: Replacing a new mailbox which is stylish and can easily serve the purpose adds curb appeal to your home.
Lastly, whether you are selling your home or just want to update its tired look, that first impression your home gives from the street or sidewalk its curb appeal. Thus by applying less expensive methods, little planning, creativity and hard work can create wonders and improve the so called curb appeal of your home.