Getaway Vacation Tips
1. It’s a lot harder for girlfriends to connect when everyone stays in separate rooms. Many Condo Rental Pro Vacation Rentals resorts have large, two- or three-bedroom units with all the comforts of home, so everyone can make the most of their time together.
2. Does your ideal girls’ getaway include some serious spa time? Whether you’ll be attending your resorts on-site spa, or at another spa around town, schedule your treatments in advance.
3. Then confirm your travel, spa and other reservations before you leave. If you think you’ll arrive after the scheduled check-in time, notify your resort and find out if any special instructions are needed.
4. Don’t wait until the last minute to purchase travelers checks. Pack (in a separate place) contact numbers in case your credit cards or travelers checks get lost or stolen.
5. If you’ll be leaving the country, make two copies of each traveler’s passport. Leave one copy with a friend or family member; take the other with you and store it in your resort safe.
6. If the country you’re visiting has immunization requirements, don’t delay: some immunizations require a series of treatments, while most take time before they’re effective.
7. Check the weather at your destination a day or two before your departure. Many websites, offer quick and easy ways to access a forecast almost anywhere.
8. Pack important items in your carry-on that you may need if your bags get delayed (medications, travel documents, etc.).
9. If you are driving (or renting a car to get from airport to resort), consider visiting at for directions and approximate driving times. Then have a GPS or road atlas handy, if possible, to help for those times when you accidently venture off course.
10. You may be headed to a resort with the comforts of home, but that doesn’t mean you have to take your home with you. Many things may be bought during a quick visit to the grocery store, either right before or after you check in.